- The XML tags in this file are self-explanatory. First copy google.xml and make a new one, let's call it 'google_india.xml' (you should have admin rights on your Windows OS).
- Edit 'ShortName' tag content and rename it to something else, for example, Google India.
- Then there are two 'Url' tags. Leave the first 'Url' tag as it is get search suggestions (though never seen it work as I am behind a firewall). In the second tag change template attribute to template="https://www.google.co.in/search" (or whatever you find useful).
- Change https://www.google.com/ to https://www.google.co.in within '<SearchForm>' tag. This specifies the page to display if you click on the magnifying glass icon, at the left hand corner of the search bar, without any search terms.
- Now restart your Firefox browser and make the newly added Google search engine as default.